Tools4Layer has four commands written in JSFL.
The commands operate on layers in Flash.
- The ‘invisibleGuideLayer’ command hides all guide and motion guide layers in the fla document.
- The ‘outlineMaskLayer’ command changes all mask layers to outline view in fla document.
- The ‘deleteEmptyLayer’ command detects empty layers in all selected layers and deletes them.
An ‘empty layer’ must satisfy all following requirements:
- Layers having no keyframes.
- Layers having no frame labels.
- Layers with no actionscript.
- Layers with no sounds attached.
- Layers that are not folders.
- The ‘renameLayer’ command renames selected layers according to the rules listed below.
If the command is issued for a layer that contains two or more different types of objects (for example, a textfield and a movieclip), it will be ignored and the layer name will remain the same.
renaming rules are as follows:
- Folder Layers -> Nothing
- Layers containing attached labels -> renamed to ‘label’
- Layers containing actionscript -> renamed to ‘action’
- Layers containing a single attached sound -> renamed to the name of the attached sound
- Layers containing multiple attached sounds -> renamed to ‘sounds’
- Guide Layers -> renamed to ‘guide’
- Motion Guide Layer -> renamed to ‘guide’
- Layers containing movie clips that have instance names -> renamed to instance name
- Layers containing movie clips that have no instance name -> renamed to movie clip’s symbol name in the library
- Mask Layers -> renamed to ‘mask’
- Layers containing a single graphic instance –> renamed to the symbol name in library
- Layers containing multiple graphic instances -> renamed to ‘graphics’
- Layers containing static textfields -> renamed to the text in the static text field
- Layers containing dynamic textfields with instance names -> renamed to the instance name
- Layers containing dynamic textfields with no instance names -> renamed to the text in the dynamic textfield
- Layers containing input textfields with instance names -> renamed to the instance name
- Layers containing input textfields with no instance names -> renamed to the text in the input textfield
- Layers containing no objects -> ‘empty’
- Layers containing shapes –> renamed to ‘shape’